What should you expect for your first time?
Here are a few things to keep in mind before your float session at The Flo. As always, we are available in the shop and over the phone to answer any additional questions.
What should I bring with me?
If you have any special hair care products that you would like to use after the session you should bring those. Other than that we have whatever you should need. We provide towels, washcloths, earplugs, contact solution, contact cases are available if you don’t have one.
If you dyed your hair in the last four weeks, we recommend bringing a swimmer’s cap to protect your colored hair from the salt of the tank.
Should I bring a swimsuit to wear in the tank?
It is not required for you to wear anything in the tank. It is recommended to float nude as wearing a suit will only weight you down and cling to your body and will get covered in salt.
What medical conditions will not allow me to float?
You will NOT be able to float if:
- You have epilepsy.
- You have a serious mental condition.
- You have an infection disease; you are NOT able to float while infectious.
Under what conditions should I postpose my float?
You will need to postpone your float if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- You become aware you are pregnant or are in your first trimester. Wait time: Until your 2nd trimester (it is recommended for ache and pain relief in your 2nd and 3rd trimester. Please consult your doctor).
- You recently had surgery. Wait Time: 2 weeks or until the incision is fully closed (it is recommended after knee replacement and back surgery to speed up the healing process. Please consult your doctor)
- You have COVID-19. Wait Time: 10 Days
You should consider postponing your float if:
- If you have recently colored your hair (*Recommended wait: 4 Weeks) or bring a swimmers’ cap to your appointment.
- If you have any open wound or cut (minor scrapes are OK but it is recommended, you take every precaution not to get salt in the scrape.
- If you’re under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- If you are menstruating and do not use internal feminine hygiene products.
We book 12 months in advance, so you are welcome to book your appointment now or call us to reschedule.
Is there anything I should avoid before coming to my appointment?
We recommend avoiding the following on the day of your session to ensure you have the best experience:
- Drinking coffee, caffeinated beverages, and energy drinks.
- Shaving any body hair, the day of your session, the salt water can irritate freshly shaven skin.
- Entering the tank on an empty stomach or after a large meal, it can distract from the experience.
Come with an open mind and ready to relax. The tank will help too but coming in the right mindset will help you get the most out of your first session.